Keep Your System Running Its Best
There are many benefits to routine HVAC maintenance. Conducting routine maintenance will increase your comfort level, save you money on energy bills, prevent future breakdowns, and increase system lifespan. The conscientious care you give your HVAC system will pay handsome dividends throughout the life of your system.
Tips for Optimal HVAC Maintenance
Optimal system performance is the result of intentional HVAC equipment maintenance and care. Following a few smart furnace and AC maintenance tips and principles can help you maximize the comfort, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and longevity of your HVAC system and all its individual components. Try the following tips to make maintenance a vital part of your system ownership role:
- Keep your air filter clean: Regular filter changes are a simple, yet critical part of your HVAC and furnace maintenance routine.
- Keep registers clear: Minimizing dust buildup and making sure nothing blocks your system’s registers are two keys to your comfort and your system’s effectiveness.
- Keep your outdoor unit free of blockages: Plant material and other debris can clog your outdoor unit, preventing the free flow of air it needs for proper functioning.
- Check condensate drain for blockage: Preventing the condensate drain from becoming plugged will save you the headaches caused by water damage while preventing excessive indoor humidity.
- Schedule semi-annual maintenance checks: Having your HVAC system professionally inspected and tuned up before each heating and cooling season will make an immense difference in your system’s efficiency, effectiveness and lifespan.
- Stay alert to potential issues: Cultivate intentional awareness by paying attention to your system’s operation to catch minor issues that could turn into major problems.
Signs That Your System Needs More than Furnace or AC Maintenance
While maintenance is a crucial component of HVAC system ownership — and one that will make a real difference to your comfort as well as your budget — there will be times when your system will malfunction despite your best maintenance efforts.
Responsible and consistent system maintenance should help minimize the occurrence of these malfunctions. Some of the signs that often signal impending issues are listed below:
- Unusual sounds or odors coming from the system
- Excessive indoor humidity during summer
- Short cycling (system turning on and off repeatedly)
- Unusually high level of dust in the home
- Liquid leaking from the AC unit or heat pump
- Insufficient warmth or cooling of your home
- Excessively dry indoor air during winter
Minimizing Issues Through Proper AC & Furnace Care
The problems indicated by the red flags described in the above list can be kept to a minimum by monitoring your system faithfully and following the HVAC maintenance tips suggested above. Serving the towns of Wickenburg, Wittmann, Wenden, Yarnell, Peeples Valley, Salome, Aguila and surrounding communities, we bring many years of experience, commitment, and skill to the homes and businesses we serve. Call Wickenburg Air to schedule your comprehensive furnace or AC maintenance inspection and tune-up.